Re: Stuff alarm installers notice

"JoeRaisin" <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:l14tlv$rf5$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> In the latest episode of "Longmire" at about 12min 30sec in there is a
> scene in a hospital room.
>
> I have to wonder why there is an alarm keypad in a hospital room.
>
> I have done work in hospitals - fire alarms, nurse call and access
> control.  Never have I seen a keypad in a patient room.
>
> The door/wall backdrop must have been recycled - maybe it was an office
> door once before.
>
> Nothing about nothing - I know.
>
> Do you guys notice keypads, motions and other alarm components in TV
> shows?  Are they ever inappropriate (like one scene (and I can't remember
> the show) that has the characters looking around a home while the ademco
> keypad by the door has a red "armed" light on...)
>
> Maybe it's just me...

LOL Just last night on the tube, two guys enter a house and one places a
plugged cord into a Caddx NX-108 keypad.  The cord has a black box attached
with a numerical readout.  This provides the user code before the delay runs
out.  The guy enters the code and disarms the system.  All less than 45
seconds.

I sure wish the keypad DID have a socket that connected to the data buss so
I would have the ability to plug my laptop into for programming.  Too bad
this was a fictional program.

Les