Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

"Danny D'Amico" <danny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:34:40 -0600, Nightcrawler® wrote:
>
>> As long as the voltage is correct, and the form factor fits where you
>> want to put it, that is your primary concern.  Amp-hour rating should
>> be spec or larger.  Terminals are not really an issue.
>
> This is all good information.
> I will order a battery, and a new battery-protection board, which,
> I'm pretty sure, should solve the remaining problems.

I don't think we have proved the battery protection board is bad yet.

You should connect it up to the panel and see if the relay will pull in and
that you have DC voltage on the red and black battery leads.

Then install the new battery and see what the charging current looks like.