Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

"Tony Hwang" <dragon40@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:KJglu.338439$E8.175684@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Nightcrawler® wrote:
>>
>> "Danny D'Amico" <danny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>>> The voltage from the secondary to the ground (middle screw) was weird
>>> (see picture where it's 3.5 volts on one side, and 1 volt on the
>>> other), which was wholly unexpected, but, probably
>>> not important.
>>
>> Not weird at all.  The ground is electrically isolated from the
>> secondary of the transformer.  What you are seeing is phantom
>> readings.
>
> Hi,
> That's why I still keep and use old Simpson 260.
> Probably I use it more than Fluke day in day out.

Oh, yeah.  I miss my old Simpson, and even my old Fluke 73 (damned thief).
When tuning a Woodward 2301 or 2301A (or similar device), digital meters
are to flakey to easily accomplish the task.  I managed, without, but
once in range of desired output eyeballing and a feel comes into play.
Having a crappy fuel source really adds another layer of frustration.
The dumb-ass plant operators that muck the settings up bring on the urge
to punch something in the throat. :-)