Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 23:54:09 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

> Good for you. From the beginning I told you to replace x-former,
> check all the components on the board and test the battery with
> automotive 12V bulb. Maybe you have selective
> hearing or reading?,

Well, actually, if I were a tech, I'd probably would have had
the transformer on hand, and therefore, it would have taken an
hour to get to this point.

As it was, I *immediately* ordered the transformer the moment I
disconnected and tested it, because it clearly had a blown
secondary.

In fact, contrary to what you may assume, I probably even ordered
that well before you said to do it (it was blown, after all), so,
it's not at all that I have "selective hearing"; it's just that it
took a few days for the parts to arrive.

Had the parts arrived sooner, we'd be at this point sooner.

Anyway, I am now searching for the right battery to buy.

I'm not sure if they have  a "series" size, like car batteries do,
where batteries within a given series fit (e.g., side terminal,
top terminal, etc.).

Anyway, the parts I either ordered or will order are:
1. Transformer (received)
2. Battery (to be ordered)
3. D135A battery-protection circuit (after testing further)