Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:21:40 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

> Tony, I worked in the alarm industry years ago and to reset and alarm
> board may not be as simple as shorting a jumper. This prevents another
> company from hijacking your customer accounts. It's a security feature
> and the reset is a code in static ram that may only be possible to
> access by first putting in the installer's code. It really depends on
> how easy or difficult the manufacturer has made it. ^_^

I visited a few intrusion alarm shops today and the Bosch definitely
has a LOCK code (that's what they called it) on the board.

That super-secret lock code allows *only* them to program the circuit
board.

The owner of the home is never provided that lock code, I was told.

Incredulously, I asked why, and they said it prevents burglaries.