Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:16:21 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

> You should. That Omron relay contats can be open or closed.
> Is it NO or NC relay? Is the coil good? Have you metered them out?
> What is the findings? Did you looked up the specs. of that very common
> relay?

Since the D135A is to protect the battery, I assumed it's not
actually *required* for operation.

So, I concentrated first, and foremost on replacing the AC power
supply.

Luckily, that worked!
 http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7440/11078202843_a0e09daa9a_o.gif

Sort of ...
 http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3765/11078125064_68d907e787_o.gif

My next step is to replace the battery.

If I were a repair technician, I'd have all these parts in stock,
but I don't, so, it takes me a while to get them from the
manufacturer.

PS: The application calls for a 12V, 5AH to 7 AH gel cell.
Assuming I get something in that range, are they all pretty much
alike, or are there caveats to buying these gel cells?