Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 23:21:02 -0600, Nightcrawler® wrote:

> Not weird at all.  The ground is electrically isolated from the
> secondary of the transformer.  What you are seeing is phantom
> readings.

Thanks for the confirmation. I have no experience with this type
of transformer. I wonder why they even have the center lug, but,
maybe it's for other applications.

If I were a technician, it wouldn't have taken this long to
get a replacement transformer, so I would have been at this
stage within the first hour had I a new one in stock.

The 12V 5AH battery also appears to be low, so, I'll get
a new one on the net.  The one thing I'm worried about is
the terminal sizes.

In car batteries, the "series" determines if the battery
will fit (e.g., terminals on the side, or on the top, etc.).

But I'm not sure *how* one scopes out prospective gel cells.
For example, here's an ELK which looks like it should fit:
 http://www.surveillance-video.com/elk-06120.html?productid=elk-06120&channelid=BCOME