Re: Alarm system, can you see it?

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 08:59:59 -0500, Stormin Mormon
<cayoung61@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 11/26/2013 8:54 AM, The Daring Dufas wrote:
>>
>> I'm visually impaired, which means I'm very nearsighted so I use a
>> penlight now tiny led flashlights to illuminate the circuit board which
>> I must hold very close to my face after removing my eyeglasses in order
>> to see what I'm doing. Some folks think it's funny to see me hold a
>> piece of gear right up in my face. ^_^
>>
>> TDD
>
>I'm also nearsighted. Zenni Optical has been kind
>enough to provide me inexpensive eye glasses. I've
>got daily wear glasses. With some creative tweaks
>of the Rx, I've also gotten reading glasses which
>are nice for reading, or for working on the
>soldering, grinder, etc. Good to have some
>plastic in front of my eyes.

Don't rely on eyeglasses as safety devices.  I just had a pair break.
About 25% of a lens broke off, leaving a nice sharp point and two
sharp edges on both pieces.  Fortunately the glasses went the other
way and I didn't get cut.  The optometrist said "that can't happen",
but it did.  They replaced them without an issue, though.