Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On 11/26/2013 12:47 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
> Oren wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 13:18:19 +0000 (UTC), Danny D'Amico
>> <danny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I agree.
>>> I hoping, for example, that someone knows a good way to "reset"
>
> Crying out loud!!! Find a reset or master clear pin on the micro
> processor chip and jumper it to ground for few seconds... reset done.
> Is it so difficult for you? You are just mouth, where is your brain and
> hands? Where is the pin number? Look up the chip data sheet...

Tony, I worked in the alarm industry years ago and to reset and alarm
board may not be as simple as shorting a jumper. This prevents another
company from hijacking your customer accounts. It's a security feature
and the reset is a code in static ram that may only be possible to
access by first putting in the installer's code. It really depends on
how easy or difficult the manufacturer has made it. ^_^

TDD