Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

"Danny D'Amico" <danny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 21:44:07 -0600, Nightcrawler® wrote:
>
>> Ditch the old and get the new.  Many available:
>
> Thanks. If it comes to that, I'll start fresh.
> I have 24 zones to deal with though ...
> http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3756/11061237796_150cc3544f_o.gif

Before you start pratting around checking diodes, capacitors and the like
you should disconnect all the external wiring to the circuit board and power
the board up on its own to verify that the field wiring or expansion modules
are not the cause of the problem

Doug