Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 10:03:16 -0800, trader4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I would not replace just the board, unless you can find
> the exact replacement at a good price.  I would replace the
> alarm panel.

Replacing the alarm panel is fine by me, but, I spoke to someone
at Bosch who said that the "frequencies are different" for each
manufacturer.

Is that true?

Seems to me that an alarm system as a simple job. If the switch
is open, ring the alarm.

Why wouldn't the wired and wireless alarm devices on the doors
and windows be compatible with *any* manufacturer?

Is it true that only a Bosch/Radionics panel will work with
Bosch/Radionics controllers and Bosch/Radionics switches
and motion and smoke detectors?