Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 05:59:05 -0800, trader4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>  http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/11017175664_eb4f8a7d31_o.gif
>
> I think you're screwed.  But I like the meter.  I have the same one,
> going on 30 years now.

Yeah. I've blown the 'bar' inside for the 10A fuse (my fault) and,
I've had to replace the disc-shaped battery once (or twice?) but
mine has to be from the early or mid 80s and it's still going
strong.

It's strange that all three things are bad:
1. The power transformer secondary blew open
2. The battery-tender capacitor overheated
3. The main circuit board isn't working

I wonder what my options are ...