Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

On 11/23/2013 3:11 PM, Danny D'Amico wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 11:39:11 -0600, Nightcrawler® wrote:
>
>>> I don't see a fuse on the Radionics D2212 BLT circuit board:
>>> http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2866/11014946826_4ecdea2144_o.gif

Looking at your picture, right above where the transformer leads connect
to the terminal strip, there is an electrolytic capacitor right above a
small bridge rectifier. I can't quite tell but the capacitor could be
swollen and shorted. The 3 terminal voltage regulator is above that
capacitor attached to the aluminum plate heat sink. Those are the main
components of the AC to DC power supply and if one of them is shorted,
that could kill the power transformer. ^_^

TDD