Re: Scantronic 500r+ Noise Solution Advice required (please)

I'd try  testing the loop,  disconnect the siren loop from the panel  then
place a like value  resistor (diode)  directly on the panel loop outputs..

watch system,  if that stops the panel  buzzing,  I look deeper into the
loop wiring or EOL R/D..

RTS

wrote in message

I installed a Scantronic 500r+ wireless control panel + PIR's probably 15 to
20 years ago. I have a AG6 external bell + strobe unit hard wired.
The system has worked reliably since day one then about a month ago the bell
+ strobe unit started making more frequent cheeping noises (like very loud
magpies). I tried to solve the problem by trying various tests but finally
figured out that the AG6 tamper switch had become faulty. I bought a
replacement Honeywell AG6 from Amazon and installed - easy, until 2 days
later the Scantronic control panel has stated making a low droning noise
from the loudspeaker. There is no 'fault' registered in the system but I
have had to temporarily disable the whole system by opening the control
panel door.
It seems too much like a coincidence that I replace the Ag6 bell + strobe
and very soon after the control unit speaker starts acting up - as if its
picking up a feedback signal from somewhere.
I've tried Cooper Scantronic but you need to get past the registered
installer code system ........
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Many thanks

Ian MacKenzie