Re: Win7 Compatibilty Mode

software  we've tried to use if it had a data base using dos or win 3.1 to
98se  would NOT work..
software needing parallel printer port or serial port for modem would NOT
work..

a machine running XP   sometime would work but with limits..

keep the old machines as long as possible..  ;-)

RTS

"ABLE1"  wrote in message

"NickMark" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:05:32 AM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>

>> Has anyone in here ever set up a Windows 7 Machine and used the
>>
>> Compatibility Mode to run any older Alarm Software for maybe Windows 98
>>
>> SE???
>>

>> If you have tried, how easy or successful was the process??
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> Les
>
> Some times works depends how much  was written into code

Hi Nick,

Not sure what that means??  How much written into what code.  The older
software code??

I have a number of programs currently running on a WIN98SE machine that is
having some issues.  Would like to upgrade to a new machine, if I can get
the software to run.  Never did a "compatibility mode" process so I am a
little skeptical that I might be wasting my time.

Thanks for any hints or tricks.

Thanks,

Les

---