Re: Certain ID Honeywell (Ademco?)

On 11/14/2013 4:35 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "G. Morgan" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> Panel and RF keypad need to be at least 10'-15' apart physically if you
>> go that route.
>

> I ordered a "kit" with Vista 20 panel, and 6150RF keypad.  Direct
> distance may be slightly less than that, but the panel is inside a whole
> home wiring box and setting on its own metal sheet mount, so there are
> two pieces of steel between the panel and the keypad.  Wire length is
> probably about 20-25'

I have heard that rule as well but in practice, I have seen RF keypads
right on the front of a panel or directly behind the panel on the other
side of the wall.

I don't generally push my luck when I'm doing the install but on a take
over I don't stress about it - I haven't seen any problems that were
fixed by moving the keypad farther away from the panel.

I have had RF devices too close to the receiver (keypad) to work, so