Re: Little help for G Morgan if you are so inclined.

On 10/31/2013 11:35 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:

> "G. Morgan" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I sure would like a thermostat that switches between heat & A/C and just
> keep the house @ 72° without jacking with it all the time.  Anyone know
> of such a beast?

They're out there, but pricey, as far as I know.  I'm pretty sure the
Honeywell 8000 does it - but I'm too lazy to google right now (13 hr day).

But I don't think you can set it for a steady 72.  I think you have to
have set point (like 70 for heat, 75 for ac) or you could end up with
the furnace and AC battling it out.

But then, I'm not an HVAC guy - though I do have some coming around
tomorrow to swap out my furnace, I'll try and remember to ask about it.