Re: monotronics

On Friday, March 1, 2013 5:32:55 PM UTC-5, Roanin wrote:
> Anyone have any information on this company who is a monitoring service f=
or home security systems? Quality of service, Reputation Customer service T=
hanks, R

Don't know much about them except that they are big.=20

My choice would be to go with a less-national monitoring company. I find th=
at  local monitoring companies have a better "feel" for the geography and r=
apport with the local police than the larger monitoring companies who are l=
ocated half way across the country. If there are power outages, storms or l=
ocal emergencies, etc.  Also, if there's a problem, it's a lot harder to de=
al with a person who's insulated from you by a thousand miles. Obviously, i=
f you DO go local, you want to find a company who has a good track record. =
Ask some of the locals who have alarm systems installed who they use and yo=
u'll eventually find that there are some local monitoring companies that wi=
ll pop up more often. The lower the price the more likly you're going to ha=
ve a problem .... is my rule of thumb.  I don't know if you're an end user =
or an alarm company looking for a monitoring company but ..... either way m=
y suggestion applies.=20

If you're an end user looking for monitoring direct from a central station,=
 you may find some difficulty finding a central station that will deal with=
 you directly. They usually don't want to cut into the business of their al=
arm installing dealers. Others just don't know what kind of problems they'r=
e going to get from a DIY installed alarm system. They'd rather it be insta=
lled by an alarm company who will take responsibility if their are technica=
l problems.=20

There are some central stations that advertise on line that do deal direct =
with end users. Prices are usually pretty low but personally I think you're=
 taking chances dealing with them. But ...... ya never know.