Re: ADI - Policy of Bad Behavior

ABLE1 Wrote:

>"NickMark" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:13:12 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>
>> Must have 2 party consent in Pa. so it is illegal to do it in Pa
>> regardless of federal law. and companys have had criminal charges lodged
>> against them
>

>Your are correct Nick.  I have told my customers that there is not enough
>legal documents they can sign that would possibly keep me out of the witness
>stand if someone decided to sue them for recording voices in a discussion or
>other wise.
>
>However, here in these parts there are convenience stores that have Louroe
>Verifact A LE-070 microphones on the ceiling above the registers.  A sign on
>the door states "Audio and Video Recordings are being made and retained",
>etc etc.
>
>Now in my book that is not correct and proper legally.  I just don't talk
>while in the store.  It does make you wonder what loop hole they think they
>are using to make it OK??

I boils down to "expectation of privacy" here.  In a convenience store
(or any store) you have none.  In the bathrooms and fitting/changing
rooms you do in those same stores, but not at the registers.

So, no cameras or microphones in a bathroom or changing room (that would
include locker rooms at gyms too).  All else is fair game in Texas at
least.  I don't think a sign is even necessary.

I was asked by a doctor (a psychiatrist at that) to install a microphone
above his desk so he could record the patients.  I asked if he planned to
tell the patients they were being recorded and he said no.  I temporarily
declined the job until he produced a letter from his lawyer that exsolved
me of any crime and pointed to a legal clause that allowed such
recordings (which IMO is an area with an expectation of privacy, even
though the recordings are for the doctor's notes only).  I never heard
back from him.

--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
 deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin