Re: ADI - Policy of Bad Behavior

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:13:12 -0700, "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I just received a call from somebody with ADI corporate, and we had a bit of
>a verbal scuffle.  When I told them what they said they said that was not
>what they said, and then informed me that they were recording all the calls,
>and they would play it back to me.

>Did that sink in yet?  It took me a minute too.  They are recording
>telephone conversations without notifying you in advance or playing a
>recording notification tone.  I'm pretty sure that is illegal.  Ok, more
>than pretty sure.  Either the person on the other end is in the habit of
>lying to customers routinely, or ADI has a corporate policy of illegal
>behavior.
>

>--
>Bob La Londe
>
>The Security Consultant
>PO Box 5720
>Yuma, Az 85366

It's not illegal in AZ.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/arizona-recording-law

Arizona Wiretapping Law

Arizona's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law. Arizona makes
it a crime to intercept a "wire or electronic communication" or a
"conversation or discussion" unless you are a party to the
communication, present during the conversation or discussion, or one
party to the communication or conversation consents. A.R.S. § 13-3005,
-3012(9). Therefore, if you operate in Arizona, you may record a
conversation or phone call if you are a party to the conversation or
you get permission from one party to the conversation in advance. That
said, if you intend to record conversations involving people located
in more than one state, you should abide by the recording law of the
most restrictive state involved, or play it safe and get the consent
of all parties.