Re: Vista 20 not dialing out

On 06/15/2013 05:44 PM, NickMark wrote:
> On Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:12:01 PM UTC-4, John Sowden wrote:
>> I am reprogramming an Ademco Vista 20 (not a P or SE).  I have not
>>
>> defaulted the control.
>>
>> I have programmed in the phone number, format (7-contact id), account
>>
>> code (0123), placed 10 in the first pair of boxes in the *56 zone
>>
>> programming section for each zone.
>>

>> Problem: when the system is tripped (Keypad * + #), hard wire zone panic
>>
>> (type 06) or a burg zone, the system does not send a signal.  With a
>>
>> telco handset placed on the brown/gray telco pair I get dial tone
>>
>> immediate after tripping the panics (no delay).  This means no line
>>
>> seizure.  Telco handset on red/green gives me dial tone (no attempt to
>>
>> dial).  Of course no signal or call at the CS.
>>

>> Help?
>
> if its version 1 it does not do contact id higher version do also check to make sure you have phone pairs wired correct  that panels too ald to get tech support on but sounds like you have it programmed correct.

I have a copy of the manual, dated November, 1995.  It references
contact id as one of the formats.  this is a changeover from another
company, who had it programmed for contact id (type 7).  i heard no line
seizure relay click when panic was tripped, and even if the phone line
was backwards (in on brown/gray, etc.) there would be no dial tone on
activation.  I am concerned that the memory locations might have changed
from one version to another.