Re: Car alarm tied into a home alarm

On Thursday, June 6, 2013 7:57:01 PM UTC-4, SRyckman wrote:
> We did several of these for RV's parked along garages, etc... Use a stand=
ard vehicle alarm with the output that is tripping horn/lights also trippin=
g a wireless transmitter. We then had a wireless receiver in the overhang o=
f the roof in that area of the house hooked up to a 24hr zone on the panel.=
 If car alarm is turned on and off properly, no signal to house. If alarm o=
n car goes off though, the house alarm trips and sends message to central s=
tation as well, regardless if system in the house is armed or not. We had o=
ne guy that was tripping his car alarm on accident all the time and we wire=
d in a five second delay with an Altronix timer so the car alarm had to be =
going off that long before the wireless signal would be sent.

Hello Steve. Been a long time.=20

Did that other (moderated) group ever get off the ground?  I stopped checki=
ng in after a couple of months and lost the link to it.=20

Sure would be nice to have a good active alarm group. But, as you may remem=
ber people are not to anxious to give up their personal information  just t=
o discuss alarms. Besides you know as well as anyone what happened here whe=
n personal infomation gets into the wrong hands.  Just because a group is m=
oderated doesn't mean that a nasty participant or even a moderator couldn't=
 take advantage of personal information outside of a moderated group.=20

Do you know of any related discussion groups? As you can see things are pre=
tty civil around here now. Not to many participants though. I presume it's =
either because  the reputation lingers or social networking has taken it's =
toll on Newsgroups.