Re: 2 Waterflow Switch Questions

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 11:52:57 AM UTC-4, ssmith39 . wrote:
> (1) If the inspector's test valve is not accessible (blocked by more stuf=
f than I can move) can I use the main drain to test the waterflow?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> (2) I performed 5 fire inspections at different locations last week and n=
ot one waterflow switch worked. Is that unusual? Some switches had not been=
 tested since 2010.

main drain will not work for a test must open  inspectors test to have wate=
r flow

flow switches typically have 30-90 second  retard time  before they activat=
e you must flow water thru test point for 1-2 minutes for accurate test.=20

Why are you inspecting and testing systems in first place these are questio=
ns even a rookie sprinkler inspector would know if you are not qualified to=
 properly do these tests you should not be doing them you are also more tha=
n likely violating a state law depending where you are doing them if not li=
censed etc.=20