Re: Cheap DVR's Get Hacked

In article <d03c0282-39d9-453a-b233-e2a9d9f58639@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
chriswheeldon@xxxxxxxxx says...

> Every now and then I think "maybe the cheap store-bought DVR's aren't so bad for the price," then I find a link like this...
>
> http://it.slashdot.org/story/13/01/29/0111238/58000-security-camera-systems-critically-vulnerable-to-attackers
>
> Enjoy.

I once worked for a company which had their personnel / payroll computer
(mainframe with terminals for employees) in a separate locked metal cage
in the computer room. NOT connected to the internet. And all wires going
to terminals in the personnel office run in metal conduit pipes!

Other high security computers are NOT connected to any phone lines or
the internet.

I guess that is a good idea!