Re: CCTV with Cat5 and what I've learned.

On Friday, January 18, 2013 6:43:00 PM UTC-5, sp...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thats all I run is cat 5 and baluns on CCTV jobs any more like dawson sai=
d matter of finding right combo of parts for job I agree with these 2 Jim. =
What I might have done is run as many cat5's as needed JUST FOR VIDEO for a=
ll cams, then run ONE 18awg or larger from front to back of warehouse and m=
ount the power supply up front and use the 18awg to transfer power to the r=
ear and terminate it in a breakout box of some kind where you can then run =
"Local" power to each cam from your breakout box. Keeps the power run under=
 control on heavier wire, no interference on video from power run in same c=
able jacket, and less over all cat5 cables to run.

Good idea for the right job. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.