Re: CFP: 8th International Workshop on Critical Information Infrastructures Security (CRITIS 2013)

On Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:44:39 AM UTC-5, criti...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> ** Apologies for multiple copies ** C a l l =A0 =A0 F o r =A0 =A0 P a p e=
 r s 8th International Workshop on Critical=A0Information Infrastructures S=
ecurity (CRITIS 2013) Amsterdam, The Netherlands September 16-18, 2013 http=
://www.critis2013.nl The annually held CRITIS conference is devoted to Crit=
ical (Information) Infrastructure security, protection and resilience. The =
8th edition will be held from 16-18 September 2013 in Amsterdam, The Nether=
lands. The CRITIS 2013 Call for Papers is addressed to all researchers and =
critical infrastructure stakeholders who wish to present their papers at th=
e conference. More information can be found at: www.critis2013.nl. Modern s=
ocieties increasingly depend on critical infrastructures. Those themselves =
increasingly depend on and are entangled with Information and Communication=
 Technologies (ICT). Disruption or loss of (ICT-based) critical infrastruct=
ures may result in serious consequences for the functioning of the society,=
 the economy, the functioning of governments, the ecology and social well-b=
eing of people, and in the most unfortunate cases loss of human lives, live=
stock and other animals. As a consequence, the security, reliability and re=
silience of these infrastructures are critical for the society. Critical (I=
nformation) Infrastructure Protection (C(I)IP) is therefore a major objecti=
ve for governments, companies, operators of these infrastructures and the w=
orldwide research community. CRITIS 2013 is set to continue a well-establis=
hed tradition of presenting innovative research and exploring new challenge=
s for the protection of critical information-based infrastructures (CIP/CII=
P). CRITIS brings together stakeholders from industry, operators and govern=
ments as well as researchers and professionals from academia, applied resea=
rch organisations and industry interested in all different aspects of C(I)I=
P. One focus of CRITIS 2013 is on the new challenges of cyber resilience of=
 smart cities and smart mobility, a topic that will be highlighted by thoug=
ht provoking and visionary keynote speeches and by conference papers. The s=
econd day of CRITIS 2013 will be a meeting place between the diverse set of=
 C(I)IP stakeholders with their short, medium and long term needs and the a=
cademic and applied research communities. CRITIS2013 intends to foster coll=
aboration, to find common, collaborative approaches towards solutions and t=
o boost R&D to address the identified needs. On the third day, the focus wi=
ll be on the (academic) advances in C(I)IP R&D. A (virtual) multi-disciplin=
ary community of new talented PhD students and junior researchers in the fi=
eld of C(I)IP will be build: YOUNG CRITIS. Young CRITIS appeals to the scie=
ntific C(I)IP communities at national, European and global level. Given the=
 focus areas above, the programme committee will select papers per topic ca=
tegory (or track) mentioned below. Therefore, authors need to state which t=
opic category they address. Researchers are solicited to contribute to the =
conference by submitting research papers, work-in-progress reports, R&D pro=
ject results, surveying works and industrial experiences describing signifi=
cant advances in C(I)IP. Stakeholders from governments, Critical Infrastruc=
ture operators, and industry are encouraged to submit papers which describe=
 their current and future challenges to be engaged by researchers and multi=
disciplinary research teams. Important Dates Deadline for submission of pap=
ers: May 10, 2013 Notification to authors: June 30, 2013 Camera-ready paper=
s: August 16, 2013 The CRITIS 2013 Scientific Committee invites papers for =
the following four topic categories: Topic category 1: Resilience of Smart =
Cities and Smart Mobility Topic category 2: Requirements for C(I)IP by C(I)=
I stakeholders (e.g., Industry, CI operators, government agencies, EU Direc=
torates) and integrated solution directions by CIP/CIIP-related R&D communi=
ties and disciplines. Topics of interest for category 2 include: =95 C(I)IP=
 requirements for Resilient Smart Cities =95 C(I)IP requirements for Resili=
ent Smart Mobility =95 C(I)IP requirements posed as future (near, mid and l=
ong term) challenges =95 Requirements for Resilient (Information) Infrastru=
ctures =95 C(I)I Survivability requirements =95 The use of clouds for C(I)I=
 operations =95 Economics, Investments and Incentives of C(I)IP =95 C(I)I E=
xercises & Contingency Plans =95 Trust Models in Normal Situations and Duri=
ng Escalation =95 C(I)IP Polices at National and Cross-border levels =95 C(=
I)IP R&D Agenda at National and International levels Papers submitted for c=
ategory 2 that do not fit the focus of the second conference day, may be re=
assigned by the conference organizers to the selection process of categorie=
s 3 and 4. Topic category 3: Advances in C(I)IP Topic category 4: YOUNG CRI=
TIS Topics of interest for categories 3 and 4 include all topics mentioned =
under category 2 as well as topics like: =95 Resilient C(I)I and C(I)I Surv=
ivability =95 Resilience of interacting C(I)I =95 Cyber Defense of C(I)I =
=95 Self-healing, Self-protection, and Self-management Architectures =95 C(=
I)I dependency Modeling, Simulation, Analysis and Validation =95 Protection=
 of Complex Cyber - Physical Systems =95 Cyber security related threats & v=
ulnerabilities, modeling and analysis =95 Cyber Security of Smart Grids, Pr=
ocess Control and SCADA =95 Advanced Forensic Methodologies for C(I)I =95 P=
ublic - Private Partnership for C(I)I Resilience Instructions for Paper Sub=
mission All submissions will be subjected to a thorough blind review by at =
least three reviewers. Papers should be in English and no longer than 12 pa=
ges, including bibliography and well-marked appendices. As in previous year=
s, it is planned that post-proceedings are published by Springer-Verlag in =
the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series. Pre-proceedings will appear a=
t the time of the conference. At least one author of each accepted paper is=
 required to register with the Workshop and present the paper. Paper submis=
sion will be done via EasyChair. The submitted paper (in PDF or PostScript =
format) should follow the respective template offered by Springer. The pape=
r must start with a title, a short abstract, and a list of keywords. Howeve=
r, the submission should be anonymised and all author names, affiliations, =
acknowledgements, and obvious traceable references should be eliminated. Ex=
tended and fully revised versions of the best papers accepted for CRITIS 20=
13, after a further peer-reviewed process, will be published in a special i=
ssue of the International Journal of Critical Infrastructures (Inderscience=
). Programme Committee Co-Chairs Pieter Hartel (TU Twente & TNO, Netherland=
s) Eric Luiijf (TNO, The Netherlands) Programme Committee (Invitations are =
sent out, confirmations partly pending) Reinhard Posch (Technical Univ. Gra=
z, Austria) Geert Deconinck (K. U. Leuven, Belgium) Paulo Maciel (Federal U=
niversity of Pernambuco, Brazil) Andre Samberg (Sec-Control, Finland and IM=
G-S TA2, European Union) Arslan Br=F6mme (Vattenfall, Germany) Jurge Cuella=
r (Siemens, Germany) Christoph Krauss (Fraunhofer AISEC, Germany) Stefan Pi=
ckl (Bunderswehruniversit=E4t M=FCnchen, Germany) Erich Rome (Fraunhofer IA=
IS, Germany) Neeraj Suri (TU Darmstadt, Germany) Stelios Dritsas (Athens Un=
iv. of Economics & Business, Greece) Stefanos Gritzalis (University of the =
Aegean, Greece) Sokratis Katsikas (University of the Aegean, Greece) Panos =
Kotzanikolaou (Univ. of Piraeus, Greece) Evangelos Ouzounis (European Netwo=
rk and Information Security Agency, Greece) Christos Xenakis (University of=
 Piraeus, Greece) Marianthi Theoharidou (Athens Univ. of Economics & Busine=
ss, Greece) Gregorio D'Agostino (ENEA, Italy) Sandro Bologna (AIIC, Italy) =
Emiliano Casalicchio (Universit=E0 di Tor Vergata, Italy) Giovanna Dondosso=
la (RSE, Italy) Fabio Martinelli (CNR, Italy) Stefano Panzieri (University =
Roma Tre, Italy) Roberto Setola (Universit=E0 CAMPUS Bio-Medico, Italy) Eij=
i Okamoto (University of Tsukuba, Japan) Janne Hagen (Proactima, Norway) Ka=
trin Franke (Gj=F8vik University Collage, Norway) Margrete Raaum (CERT Univ=
ersity of Oslo, Norway) Ketil St=F8len (SINTEF and University of Oslo, Norw=
ay) Nils Kalstad Svendsen (Gj=F8vik University College, Norway) Stephen Wol=
thusen (Gj=F8vik University College, Norway and Royal Holloway, U. of Londo=
n, UK) Janusz Gorski (Gdansk University of Technology, Poland) Paolo Veriss=
imo (Universidad de Lisboa, Portugal) Christina Alcaraz (University Malaga,=
 Spain) Jorge L. Hernandez-Ardieta (INDRA, Spain) Javier Lopez (University =
of Malaga, Spain) Barend Taute (Council for Scientific and Industrial Resea=
rch, South Africa) Stefan Brem (Federal Office for Civil Protection, Switze=
rland) Myriam Dunn (ETH Centre for Security Studies, Switzerland) Bernhard =
M. H=E4mmerli (University of Applied Sciences Lucerne, GUC Gj=F8vik and CEO=
 Acris GmbH) Marcelo Masera (EU Joint Research Centre Petten, The Netherlan=
ds) Robin Bloomfield (City University London, UK) Chris Johnson (Glasgow Un=
iversity, UK) Adrian Gheorghe (Old Dominion University, USA) Saifur Rahman =
(Advanced Research Institute, Virginia Tech, USA) Steven M. Rinaldi (Sandia=
 National Laboratories, USA) Angelos Stavrou (George Mason University, USA)=
 Steering Committee Chairs Bernhard M. H=E4mmerli (University of Applied Sc=
iences Lucerne, GUC Gj=F8vik and CEO Acris GmbH) Javier Lopez (University o=
f Malaga, Spain) Nils Kalstad Svendsen (Gj=F8vik University College, Norway=
) Steering Committee Members Robin Bloomfield (City University London, UK) =
Sandro Bologna (AIIC, Italy) Sokratis Katsikas (University of the Aegean, G=
reece) Reinhard Posch (Technical Univ. Graz, Austria) Saifur Rahman (Advanc=
ed Research Institute, Virginia Tech, USA) Roberto Setola (Universit=E0 CAM=
PUS Bio-Medico, Italy) Erich Rome (Fraunhofer IAIS, Germany) Stephen Wolthu=
sen (Gj=F8vik University College, Norway and Royal Holloway, Univ. of Londo=
n, UK)

Whalll Gooooooolllllleeee.

Yall cud add my name to that ther list. Always wantted ta go ta Neverland.