Re: NAPCO GEM-P9600 programming question

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:35:02 AM UTC-5, wallstreet123456 wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:00:11 AM UTC-5, wallstreet123456 wrote: =
> I was hoping someone could tell me how to adjust the time that an alarm r=
ings for on the above referenced panel(It seems to continue to ring and I w=
ould like to set perhaps a 30 minute limit). I have the master cose and wou=
ld do it thought the keypad which is GEM-RP1CAE2. > > > > Thanks for your h=
elp. > > > > Steven I have the installer code but I need to know where to g=
o on the keypad to get to the time setting.

If you have the installer code then you must also have the installation and=
 programing manual (?). If you look in the glossary under "times" (I think)=
 or something similar it will give you the programing location to go to. Th=
en, while looking at the manual, you should be able to figure out what digi=
ts to put in the locations. It's in hexidecmal so you could have a problem =
with that also.  I would suggest a time of something more reasonable than 3=
0 minutes, like 10 or 15 minutes at the most.=20

I don't (and I don't know who does .... anymore) program 96 zone panels via=
 the keypad. It's all done with laptop today. Keypad programing is WAAAAAy =
to time consuming and cumbersome. If this info doesn't help you, let me kno=
w and I'll pull out a manual and see if I can remember how to do it manualy=
.