Re: Visonic PowerMax+

On Monday, February 4, 2013 8:28:10 AM UTC-5, Mick wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 January 2013 14:45:06 UTC, spyros wrote: > Does anyone knows=
 how to disable low battery warning from wireless sensors at Visonic's Powe=
r Max+ ? Thanks in advance ;-) On Sunday, 6 January 2013 14:45:06 UTC, spyr=
os wrote: > Does anyone knows how to disable low battery warning from wirel=
ess sensors at Visonic's Power Max+ ? Thanks in advance ;-) On Sunday, 6 Ja=
nuary 2013 14:45:06 UTC, spyros wrote: > Does anyone knows how to disable l=
ow battery warning from wireless sensors at Visonic's Power Max+ ? Thanks i=
n advance ;-) Hi Jim, Here in the U.K. the Companies run trainning courses =
on there products. If you pass the course you become a registered installat=
ion engineer with that Company. Mick.

Oh yeah! I knew that. I just forgot that you're from the UK.

Here in the US, you can attend Mfg's training courses but they're mostly ju=
st opportunities for the Mfg to "sell" you on how good their products are, =
not necessarily how to become an "expert" in installing them. We can accumu=
late what they call CEU points when we attend courses but I never have appl=
ied for them and I've never actually found anyone who actually knew what th=
ey were supposed to be accumulating them for. Personally, in 42 years I've =
never had anyone ask me how many CEU points I had. Sometimes they hand out =
certificates for having taken a course but with no renewal requirements to =
stay certified, they're kind of useless too. I attend as many course as I c=
an, just to stay up to date, but I see mostly the same group of people atte=
nding. Unfortunately , as far as I know, here, in the US, there is no actua=
l requirement to keep your education up to date. It's just a matter of pers=
onal integrity.