Re: Big bank garbage again. It is getting headlines.

"§ñûhwØ£f" <snuhwolf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
G. Morgan wrote:
> §ñühwö£f wrote:
>
>>Kewl! Since we're doing petitions today heres one to dump duck
> dynasty :)
>>
>>http://www.thepetitionsite.com/103/001/904/urge-ae-to-cancel-duck-dyn
> asty/
>>
>>Just Say No To Racists.
>
> I have never seen an episode of Duck Dynasty.  I watched about 5-10
> minutes of one and it looked scripted, so I flipped it.

Me neither. And I've spent less time veiwing it. The critterman is WAY
more entertaining with his hoots & "live action". My best friend was
from Kentucky so I know genuine countrified humor, lingo, and culture.
And he's got it in spades. He's way more "reality" than that
duck-shmuck.

> That said, I separate the "actors" from what they say in public.  I
> wish
> all of them would STFU and just do their jobs.  I could care less
> about
> an entertainer's political views.  I don't ask the girls at the strip
> clubs about their views on genetically modified seeds, I don't care
> what
> they say - just show me your tits and I'll be on my way.

Stay classy, Morgy.

> One of our freedoms is to say whatever we want, no matter if offends
> someone (or everyone).

Yes matter. And heres why: when you get a "star" or famous person
spewing memes on the tee vees, it acts as an *influence* on
impressionable peeps. His "right to spew hatred" ends with my patronage
of the advertizers who support him.

> Looks like the latest from A&E is causing the
> exact opposite effect they intended, the only ones who give a shit are
> not in the demographic of the audience anyway.  I hope the rest of the
> crew breaks their contract and another network picks it up, just based
> on
> free speech principles.  I'm not going to watch because I think the
> show sucks anyway.

If you want interesting fare, it seems to be on the weather channel. The
"Highway Thru Hell" and "Prospectors" are leagues ahead of 90% of
anything A&E is offering up.

--
Are you for real? You had a hillbilly friend so you know all about the
culture....