"G. Morgan" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:dj84b9dcivvdoiqvbeobudlgvv5emssqbr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Bob La Londe Wrote:
>

>>"G. Morgan" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> I agree this is a potential outcome, but far from being a realistic one.
>>> I know a guy that has owed the IRS over $100K for longer than 18 years.
>>> There has never been a threat by them to criminalize the debt.  He
>>> explained to me the difference between not paying and actual "evasion"
>>> once, but I don't remember offhand and I don't want to throw out an
>>> incorrect explanation.  It had something to do with "evasion" being the
>>> intent of hiding from them (either on paper or physically).
>>
>>I heard similar arguments when I was 4 years old about gun control in
>>general.  Many of the things people told me would never happen because the
>>American people wouldn't stand for it are happening.
>>
>>Want to have some fun being paranoid look up glass roads and solar
>>projects.
>>For current technology its not practical, but it's foreseeable.  Now
>>extrapolate from that.  An electrical grid made of the nations roads and
>>highways.  Electric cars being charged by induction directly off the grid.
>>Real time reporting of electrical usage to be directly debited from your
>>bank account.  Since, driving on public roads has already been deemed a
>>privilege and not a right then what legal precedent is there to prevent
>>that
>>from being used for total tracking of all vehicular movement of every
>>vehicle in America?
>>
>>Anyway, I think you are being a bit naïve if you don't think that gun
>>grabbers and power mongers aren't thinking that way.
>

> I think you're making a huge leap from not paying a fine to tax evasion
> to felony charges in a giant conspiracy to disarm citizens.   If the gun
> grabbers would get their way (and they won't), they could come up with
> something better than filing felony charges on the masses and lock
> everyone up for not paying a healthcare tax fine.  But... maybe that's
> what those FEMA camps are for?

I think it was a huge leap from the NFA of 1968 to the Brady Act which
basically records every purchaser from an FFL remotely prior to the sale,
but it laid the ground work for national gun control laws.

Does that progression of gun control laws bother you?  How about 49cc motors
then?  Basically 49CC motors were totally unregulated for a very long time.
In many states no license, registration or insurance were required for
vehicles using them, and they were specifically exempted from federal
regulation.  Now, they vary from state to state, but in general that is no
longer the case.  Run a 2 stroke in Ca and the CARB gestapo will kick down
your door.  LOL.  Even in Az they have carefully eaten that away and the
morass of statutes is hard to wade through, but they changed it from 49 to
48, and the vehicle can not exceed 18mph.

You believe what you like.  It may take a year or it may take 40 years, but
that is the progression.  If this avenue is closed another one will be
opened.  Personal tracking of everybody and everything with out possibility
of revolt is the ultimate goal.

---