Re: DSC FSA-410AST Smoke Detectors

On Friday, August 23, 2013 2:46:59 AM UTC-4, Chris wrote:
> On Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:36:30 PM UTC-7, Jim wrote: > On Wednesday,=
 August 21, 2013 9:25:13 PM UTC-4, Chris wrote: > > Actually, this is one o=
f those "problem systems" in another way. There's a zone expander on the sy=
stem, which is an improvement over most that I see, but the 8 smokes take u=
p only 2 zones. I was hoping they were all home run and could be separated,=
 but no... they were all daisy chained instead. This is a DSC 5010, so it's=
 capable of having two more zone expanders and running 32 zones. There's lo=
ts of room in the electrical room where the panel is located to add a separ=
ate enclosure for the zone expander if needed. And to top it off, this was =
a prewired building (sometime in the 90's I assume). So why not home run ev=
erything and do it properly? - Chris > > > > I'm assuming that these are tw=
o wire smokes. > > > > I just thought i'd mention that you might be able to=
 run one 4 wire to the right point ..... and break this into 4 zones with t=
wo smokes each. Nope... they're all 4-wire smokes. Some of them so old that=
 I'd never seen them before. The generation before the old generation of DS=
C smokes. Most likely original to the building (prewired and all), and I th=
ink that building has been there most of my life. - Chris

Well ...... OK then ...... TWO four wires run to the right spot.