Re: Looking for a Low Cost On Delay Timer

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.security.]
On 2013-08-22, ABLE1 <nospamhere@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "unruh" <unruh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> relays? why? His current demands are 10s of mA. That the opamp can
>>> handle by itself.
>>> Cost? $1 vs $30? While the former may not matter to you or to most as a
>>> oneoff, if he has to build 100000 of them, it can be significant.
>>> We have no idea what he wants this for.
>>
>> I wouldn't build 10K of them.  I'ld post an RFQ and spend my time selling
>> the second 10K.
>>

> For the time spent typing and reading all of this the Altronix 6062 could be
> installed and working, have been paid for the job, and enjoying the profit.
> Done!!!  On to the next project for profit??

He has not told us what he is doing. You are perfectly correct if a) it
is one off, b) it is a job, and c) he can actually get them in a
reasonable time. Remember it can take 10s of sheets of paperwork, 5
signatures and 2 week wait time sometimes to get one object. Whipping up
a little circuit with spare parts can be done in 10 min.