Re: DSC FSA-410AST Smoke Detectors

On Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:36:30 PM UTC-7, Jim wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:25:13 PM UTC-4, Chris wrote:
>=20
> Actually, this is one of those "problem systems" in another way. There's =
a zone expander on the system, which is an improvement over most that I see=
, but the 8 smokes take up only 2 zones. I was hoping they were all home ru=
n and could be separated, but no... they were all daisy chained instead. Th=
is is a DSC 5010, so it's capable of having two more zone expanders and run=
ning 32 zones. There's lots of room in the electrical room where the panel =
is located to add a separate enclosure for the zone expander if needed. And=
 to top it off, this was a prewired building (sometime in the 90's I assume=
). So why not home run everything and do it properly? - Chris
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I'm assuming that these are two wire smokes. =20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I just thought i'd mention that you might be able to run one 4 wire to th=
e right point .....  and break this into 4 zones with two smokes each.

Nope... they're all 4-wire smokes.  Some of them so old that I'd never seen=
 them before.  The generation before the old generation of DSC smokes.  Mos=
t likely original to the building (prewired and all), and I think that buil=
ding has been there most of my life.

- Chris