Re: DSC FSA-410AST Smoke Detectors

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:30:03 PM UTC-4, Chris wrote:
> I was looking at the specs for the DSC FSA-410AST smoke detector today, a=
s I have a customer who needs his 8 smokes replaced on a DSC 5010.  I was c=
oncerned about moving them to a PGM to allow for keypad reset, as it may no=
t provide enough current.  I was a bit surprised to find the following:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Maximum Standby Current: 12=CE=BCA@12 or 24 VDC
>=20
> Maximum Alarm Current: 25mA - 90mA
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The maximum alarm current depends on which specific model you're looking =
at, and they have a chart for that... so that's fine.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> However... 12=CE=BCA of standby current?  Really?  That means I could pow=
er 25,000 smokes on a 300mA PGM output.  This sounds like a typo to me.  Pe=
rhaps it was supposed to be 12mA?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Either way, it looks like 8 smokes on a PGM will be fine.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> - Chris

Standby current really is that low on many smokes  not a typo problem is wh=
en they go in alarm and more than one does  to make sure there is enough cu=
rrent to handle it.