Re: Z1100 Monitor function beeps about 20 times verses 3 times it is supposed to do.

Charlie Wrote:

>I have a Moose Z1100 alarm system and everything worked great when we 1st
>moved in. My son said he may have punched a few inadvertent buttons and now
>the monitor function beeps about 20 times verses 3 like it is supposed to do.
>I have hit the test button followed by star I have had it powered down the
>last couple of years and it still acts the same way. The only thing I really
>want this for the monitor function. I have a pool with small grand-kids. Any
>help would be greatly appreciated!

That system is so old I "cut my teeth" on it in 1989.   It does not meet
SIA requirements, it does not report in contact ID format, and I would
never trust it for a life-safety device (sorta, not technically) as
important as a pool monitor.

Please replace the panel.  Your sensors will work with the new panel, and
make damn sure whoever tests the system checks every single "point"
(device) in the system.  If it's also being used to monitor smoke
detectors, they MUST be replaced if they are the originals.

--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
 deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin