Re: Z1100 Monitor function beeps about 20 times verses 3 times it is supposed to do.

"Charlie" <865b5cd0025b5446449bdb269b2b3602_5637@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:11fd8$51faa005$42bb6765$16296@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have a Moose Z1100 alarm system and everything worked great when we 1st
> moved in. My son said he may have punched a few inadvertent buttons and
> now
> the monitor function beeps about 20 times verses 3 like it is supposed to
> do.
> I have hit the test button followed by star I have had it powered down the
> last couple of years and it still acts the same way. The only thing I
> really
> want this for the monitor function. I have a pool with small grand-kids.
> Any
> help would be greatly appreciated!

A door chime function on an alarm panel does not meet the UBC for pool
access door alarms.  Most municipalities have adopted the UBC or a slightly
modified version of the UBC for this application.  I have heard some have
gone so far as to write ordinances holding homeowners criminally accountable
for failure to comply if an injury or loss of life occurs.  I have not
verified the latter.

http://www.grisk.com/poolalarm/pool_alarm_closed.html
http://www.grisk.com/poolalarm/pool_alarm_open.html