How to program doorking 1812 telephone entry

Hi,
I'm an electrician, and I'm trying to program a customer's Doorking 1812
keypad. It's used for a gate, and when somebody drives up to the gate, they
press 'call', which dials the phone at the house. The customer needs to be
able to press a number (usually '9'?) to open the gate.

I'm having trouble programming this number. Any ideas? I have the owner's
manual, but it's not real clear. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew