Z1100 Monitor function beeps about 20 times verses 3 times it is supposed to do.

I have a Moose Z1100 alarm system and everything worked great when we 1st
moved in. My son said he may have punched a few inadvertent buttons and now
the monitor function beeps about 20 times verses 3 like it is supposed to do.
I have hit the test button followed by star I have had it powered down the
last couple of years and it still acts the same way. The only thing I really
want this for the monitor function. I have a pool with small grand-kids. Any
help would be greatly appreciated!