Re: Multi Server Brand CCTV Client Software ???

On Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:50:27 AM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I don't know if there is enough demand, but I am wondering if there are a=
ny decent multiple brand compatible PC based client programs out there. The=
re are several for Android and iPhone platforms, but I have not yet seen on=
e for PC. What got me thinking is I use Robert Chou's IP Cam Viewer on my A=
ndroid all the time for testing a variety of different remote video connect=
ions. Digi-Merge, generic H.264, Dedicated Micros, Pelco, etc. Is there a c=
lient software package that flexible for PC or MAC? No, the answer is not t=
o just use the same brand of hardware and video serving equipment at every =
site. For a variety of practical reason that just isn't always going to hap=
pen. Particularly for a customer that has facilities across multiple cites =
or even states or countries. For the most part I have been lucky enough to =
work with clients that were savy enough to understand that a certain amount=
 of consistency in quality hardware is beneficial for practical application=
 and user training. Once in a while though you get into circumstances beyon=
d your control were a client has two or three different brands of equipment=
 each with its own client software. Sure they can just load 2 or 3 or 4 dif=
ferent applications or if web compatible open multiple browsers windows or =
tabs, but they can't easily just watch a few key cameras from multiple site=
s all at once on one screen like they can with just one multiple DVR compat=
ible client program like NetVu can if you have all DM equipment. A shipping=
 manager might only want to watch a few cameras, but he might want to watch=
 the loading docks at three or four different facilities. If they are not a=
ll the same brand they have to use their smart phone. LOL. P.S. IP Cam View=
er is a $5 ap I believe, but the free lite version is still fully functiona=
l for upto 6 cameras for your really cheap clients.

You've probably already tried this but I have to ask anyway ..... have you =
tried to  use the ones that you have on other mfg's systems? I'm thinking t=
hat  you may find one software that would at least allow you to watch even =
two different locations.

(And also you may try this:) ......  For instance, Speco has a multiple loc=
ation application which I had originally presumed was only for Speco produc=
ts but .... the multiple locataion app is differnt from their single locati=
on app. So now .... in view of  your question .... I'm thinking that maybe =
the multiple location app may be a third party app that might do at least s=
ome of what you want to do. Have you investigated that?