Re: Multi Server Brand CCTV Client Software ???

> On Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:50:27 AM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> I don't know if there is enough demand, but I am wondering if there are
>> any decent multiple brand compatible PC based client programs out there.
>> There are several for Android and iPhone platforms, but I have not yet
>> seen one for PC. What got me thinking is I use Robert Chou's IP Cam
>> Viewer on my Android all the time for testing a variety of different
>> remote video connections. Digi-Merge, generic H.264, Dedicated Micros,
>> Pelco, etc. Is there a client software package that flexible for PC or
>> MAC? No, the answer is not to just use the same brand of hardware and
>> video serving equipment at every site. For a variety of practical reason
>> that just isn't always going to happen. Particularly for a customer that
>> has facilities across multiple cites or even states or countries. For the
>> most part I have been lucky enough to work with clients that were savy
>> enough to understand that a certain amount of consistency in quality
>> hardware is beneficial for practical application and user training. Once
>> in a while though you get into circumstances beyond your control were a
>> client has two or three different brands of equipment each with its own
>> client software. Sure they can just load 2 or 3 or 4 different
>> applications or if web compatible open multiple browsers windows or tabs,
>> but they can't easily just watch a few key cameras from multiple sites
>> all at once on one screen like they can with just one multiple DVR
>> compatible client program like NetVu can if you have all DM equipment. A
>> shipping manager might only want to watch a few cameras, but he might
>> want to watch the loading docks at three or four different facilities. If
>> they are not all the same brand they have to use their smart phone. LOL.
>> P.S. IP Cam Viewer is a $5 ap I believe, but the free lite version is
>> still fully functional for upto 6 cameras for your really cheap clients.
>
> You've probably already tried this but I have to ask anyway ..... have you
> tried to  use the ones that you have on other mfg's systems? I'm thinking
> that  you may find one software that would at least allow you to watch
> even two different locations.
>
> (And also you may try this:) ......  For instance, Speco has a multiple
> location application which I had originally presumed was only for Speco
> products but .... the multiple locataion app is differnt from their single
> location app. So now .... in view of  your question .... I'm thinking that
> maybe the multiple location app may be a third party app that might do at
> least some of what you want to do. Have you investigated that?

Not just multiple location.  Most mfg software will do that, but multiple
BRAND.  My cellphone software will access over a hundred different systems,
but its not written by a DVR, NVR, or IP camera manufacturer.

No I have not tried to use NetVu or Digi or others for other brands.  I
suppose its worth a try.