Re: Strange email ad for DVR

news:23c77c83-1b16-4104-af32-55df7bb3ae3b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:45:35 AM UTC-4, James Jones wrote:
> I got this message for a 4 chan DVR only priced at $29.00 Just for grins I
> wrote back and got a response from a Gmail address (web interface, IP
> untraceable), wanting the $60 for the two units I said I wanted, plus $95
> shipping via DHL. She wanted me to pay with Western Union (big red flag).
> I took my personal info out, but here is the DVR's page. She said it's a
> promotional offer, and future orders will require 100 units minimum. Here
> is the page: http://ogasales.mailerlite.com/n9d4u3/ Anyone heard of them?
> Sounds like a scam, it was sent to my personal address not the business
> address.

It's not something that I'd do ..... whether I'd heard of them or
not.They're obviously not in the US which means you havd no recourse
whatsoever should things go wrong. On the other hand, it's only $160.00 so
that's all you'd be risking.

But .... then again I had customer of mine have some door knocker install a
CCTV system for them using this type of equipment. It lasted for a few years
but when things started to go wrong the installer was nowhere to be found
and when I looked at the DVR there was no part number, no model number, no
UL tag, no FCC disclaimer ..... no installation/programing instructions ....
nada. And the unit was locked out with a code word that nobody knows. For
all anyone knows, this thing could have burst into flames and spread lead
dust for 100 feet around and there would have been nothing any one could
have done about it.

Since the average level of intellegence in the US has been declining I
suspect that the Chinese have been sending us lead laden products for
decades. Just as soon as they reach the forth of fifth generation of lead
infused products, I figure that's when they'll attack. By that time the
president and vice president will be at a level of intelligence that they'll
be bickering about who's going to press the fail safe button first.

<<<<<(I wanna press it first.
No ... I'm the president so I get to press it.
Well so what? You got to be the one that gave Eric Holder a free pass and
immunity when he let all those guns get across the border and one of them
was used to kill a US border guard.
Well I don't care. I can use executive privlege to let any criminal off that
I want to. It's my country and and I can do whatever I please with it.... so
THERE.
OH YEAH? .... well you just wait a few years when there's either a woman or
a Lantino or ..... a gay woman or Latino .... in office. Things will be alot
diff ..... well .... maybe a little different .... well .... maybe

Oh ..... wait a minute,........... How silly of me.
That's happening right now.

** Never underestimate the power of a large group of stupid people **

That could be the latest reality TV show on the History or Discovery
Channel.....................  Maybe starting on a cable channel near you
COL  {Crying Out Loud}

Les