Re: Switches Anyone?

"JoeRaisin" <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:kk51sj$4v8$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> We want to set up some switches that provide inputs to an NVR that will
> trigger presets on a PTZ camera.
>
> We have 16 inputs available but will likely only need 5 or so.
>
> Do any of you know of a ready made console with momentary switches so we
> won't have to spend a bunch of time crafting something?  We would rather
> avoid project boxes from rat shack and I don't have the skills to work
> sheet metal.
>
> Ideally, the switches would be spaced out enough to label each one with
> the view of that preset.
>
> I tried to google for switch console but it was mostly network
> equipment...
>
> Thanks in advance.

What am I missing?  If it has inputs can't you just use the dry contacts
from your triggers to trigger your PTZ?  I know Spectra Domes are internally
programmable to take specific inputs and go to specific presets.  Are you
moving the PTZ from the NVR?  If so I still don't see why you cant trigger
the inputs on the NVR from the dry contacts on your signal source.  Is it a
voltage trigger +5 : >+1 like using one of the pins on an LPT port?  Then
just route a regulated 5VDC power source through your dry contacts.  (don't
forget to tie your grounds together)  All your stuff NC?  Then get a small
bank of relays.

Or... are you trying to build an external mechanical preset selector?  In
that case buy a project box and fit it with a bunch of arcade buttons.
Arcade buttons are fairly cheap, and the micro switches on them will take a
beating, and they are form C.  Check fleabay for those if you don't find
another source.

Like I said, "What am I missing?"  Its all pretty basic electrical circuits.