Re: GEMINI P3200 KEYPAD MESSAGE

On 13 =CE=A3=CE=B5=CF=80=CF=84, 05:54, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:37:49 PM UTC-4, spyros wrote:
> > =CE=A4=CE=B7 =CE=A4=CE=B5=CF=84=CE=AC=CF=81=CF=84=CE=B7, 12 =CE=A3=CE=
=B5=CF=80=CF=84=CE=B5=CE=BC=CE=B2=CF=81=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 6:17:33 =CE=
=BC.=CE=BC. UTC+3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 Jim =
=CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: > On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:=
23:46 AM UTC-4, G. Morgan wrote: > > > proguard Wrote: >I made a cold start=
 to the panel and after that i made doownload. >Everything was ok. >I was d=
ownloading the panel which was in disarm mode and after ending >download th=
is message came up. >I took the panel on the bench in order to find out wha=
t happens. >The keypad is in address 01. Of course i power cycle it but aft=
er the >panel boot up this msg came up: >"Enter our code to access area" I =
used master security code, dealer >code, user code 1, user code 2, but stil=
l the same. >"Invalid access code, try again" It's the first time i saw thi=
s msg... If it's already on the bench and you solved the customer's problem=
 by replacement, just default it and start over. Keep as a spare when you g=
et it sorted. Napco can tell you the procedure for a master reset. So can a=
t least 4 folks here if they are willing to post it. I think you have an ar=
ea/KP conflict. > > > > You have to be able to get into programing in order=
 to default the panel. I had get into keypad programming with 11123 and the=
 keypad address is ok. Its 01. To default the panel i think the only way is=
 the cold start function inside the programming. I dont know if there is a =
hard way to reset it.

> Do =C2=A0you have the Napco downloading software? =C2=A0If so, you may wa=
nt to hook the panel to a telephone line and try to Upload the program. If =
you can ... then you can analyze the programing and possibly find out what'=
s going on. I haven't used a 3200 in a long time but I think you can restar=
t the panel from the panel status section in the up/download part of the pr=
ogram.

> It sounds like =C2=A0you have a programing conflict. If you use the Check=
 for Errors function in the Tools section when downloading it will tell you=
 if there is a conflict or something you forgot. It's not perfect but it do=
es a pretty good job. =C2=A0If you program at the keypad, Napco has so many=
 different combinations of functions and programing options, I would guess =
that there are some holes in the program that would allow you to program a =
conflict with out it giving you a warning. It's better to download panels a=
bove 8 or 16 zones rather than programing by keypad.

> Have you tried to use the manager mode to change to another partition? ( =
* + 1 + Enter or On/Off key) ? ( then try * + 2 + Enter .... =C2=A0 all the=
 way up to maximum partitions. If it lets you do that .... each time you ge=
t to a new partition, try to get into programming.

> Have you tried the default codes that come from the factory?
>
> Try holding down key's 1234 all at the same time for a few seconds. This =
should reset the keypad in case there's a hangup there.

> Did you say that you only have one keypad? Do you have another keypad tha=
t you can temporarily replace it with?

Dear Jim, i have downloaded the panel and after that i made a cold
start from the keypad. everything was ok, it have been defaulted and
then i download the programming as i took it before cold start from
the panel with upload. Then this msg came up! After that i cannot dl
it again. The panel refuse to answer even by remote with phone lines
even with pci mini. With pci mini i get the msg of connection error,
retry... etc...
I will rty manager mode as you told me and the other tip with 1234 and
also a new keypad...
Default codes i used eith no success was 123 and 1234