Re: GEMINI P3200 KEYPAD MESSAGE

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:37:49 PM UTC-4, spyros wrote:
> =CE=A4=CE=B7 =CE=A4=CE=B5=CF=84=CE=AC=CF=81=CF=84=CE=B7, 12 =CE=A3=CE=B5=
=CF=80=CF=84=CE=B5=CE=BC=CE=B2=CF=81=CE=AF=CE=BF=CF=85 2012 6:17:33 =CE=BC.=
=CE=BC. UTC+3, =CE=BF =CF=87=CF=81=CE=AE=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B7=CF=82 Jim =CE=AD=
=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: > On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:23:46 =
AM UTC-4, G. Morgan wrote: > > > proguard Wrote: >I made a cold start to th=
e panel and after that i made doownload. >Everything was ok. >I was downloa=
ding the panel which was in disarm mode and after ending >download this mes=
sage came up. >I took the panel on the bench in order to find out what happ=
ens. >The keypad is in address 01. Of course i power cycle it but after the=
 >panel boot up this msg came up: >"Enter our code to access area" I used m=
aster security code, dealer >code, user code 1, user code 2, but still the =
same. >"Invalid access code, try again" It's the first time i saw this msg.=
.. If it's already on the bench and you solved the customer's problem by re=
placement, just default it and start over. Keep as a spare when you get it =
sorted. Napco can tell you the procedure for a master reset. So can at leas=
t 4 folks here if they are willing to post it. I think you have an area/KP =
conflict. > > > > You have to be able to get into programing in order to de=
fault the panel. I had get into keypad programming with 11123 and the keypa=
d address is ok. Its 01. To default the panel i think the only way is the c=
old start function inside the programming. I dont know if there is a hard w=
ay to reset it.

Do  you have the Napco downloading software?  If so, you may want to hook t=
he panel to a telephone line and try to Upload the program. If you can ... =
then you can analyze the programing and possibly find out what's going on. =
I haven't used a 3200 in a long time but I think you can restart the panel =
from the panel status section in the up/download part of the program.=20

It sounds like  you have a programing conflict. If you use the Check for Er=
rors function in the Tools section when downloading it will tell you if the=
re is a conflict or something you forgot. It's not perfect but it does a pr=
etty good job.  If you program at the keypad, Napco has so many different c=
ombinations of functions and programing options, I would guess that there a=
re some holes in the program that would allow you to program a conflict wit=
h out it giving you a warning. It's better to download panels above 8 or 16=
 zones rather than programing by keypad. =20

Have you tried to use the manager mode to change to another partition? ( * =
+ 1 + Enter or On/Off key) ? ( then try * + 2 + Enter ....   all the way up=
 to maximum partitions. If it lets you do that .... each time you get to a =
new partition, try to get into programming.

Have you tried the default codes that come from the factory?=20

Try holding down key's 1234 all at the same time for a few seconds. This sh=
ould reset the keypad in case there's a hangup there.=20

Did you say that you only have one keypad? Do you have another keypad that =
you can temporarily replace it with?