Continuous Duty Small "LCD" Monitors

Used to be Sharp was the ticket back when small LCDs were expensive.  I
still have plenty of them in service, but not its getting hard to find a
decent small LCD to use as a monitor that will hold up to continuous duty.
Sure there are lots of cheap ones out there, but they are just that.  Cheap.

I routinely run into applications where its handy to slap a 12VDC 7-10" LCD
monitor on the wall next to a high traffic door.  The problem is with those
that seem to be available readily I wind up replacing them about every 18
months.

Now, I can't throw money at them either, but if say there was a make that
was 40 or 50% more expensive, but that would hold up for 3-5 years (or more)
of continuous duty I would buy them.

Suggestions?

Pyle has a 10" in that price range designed as an in-wall.  Anybody using
them?

10" is the most common size, but I run into plenty of doors at the end of a
hallway in a commercial build where a 7" is the largest that will fit in the
space.

*** If you see this post multiple times, sorry.  Eternal Sepetember and Tera News both failed to manage the post when I tried.  Had to post it through Google Groups.