Re: Anyone else work with the total Connect 2 stuff yet ?

On Monday, October 29, 2012 6:15:39 PM UTC-5, Bigguy2468 wrote:
=20
> Well, I'd like to put my 2 cents worth in here. I've typically been a fan=
 of Honeywell (Ademco) alarm for their look "style", etc. Specifically, I l=
ove the look of the 6460 Alpha Keypads, although I do feel they could have =
learn a thing or to from the likes of GE and DSC when it comes to programmi=
ng and downloading software.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I jumped on the bandwagon right away with the Tuxedo Keypad and TotalConn=
ect. For the most part, remote connection to the Vista-21IP has been great =
using the TotalConnect 2.0 App and setup easy. Not so with the Tuxedo, quit=
e frankly, the Tuxedo has been a let down.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I find the Keypad "sluggish", have had major issues viewing cameras with =
everything from the horizontal and vertical dividing line in quad camera vi=
ew disappearing and Keypad rebooting unexpectedly. Yes, I have in each case=
 updated the Keypad to the latest firmware. There is no question that the n=
ew Wi-Fi version of the Keypad operates better, but is still somewhat slugg=
ish, and when going to the camera view, seems to take longer than it should=
 to display the cameras. For example, if the wife heard a knock on the fron=
t door late at night and wanted to view who was there, the process of going=
 to the Tuxedo, selecting camera view and waiting for it to display seems u=
nacceptably long to me.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> In Canada the cost of the Wi-Fi version is over $400, so with markup and =
installation it gets pretty expensive. When you consider that you can buy a=
n Android Tablet for $299 or the new iPad Mini for around $499, which both =
work great, customers have high expectations from this Keypad that I don't =
believe it's delivering right now.

My beef with Tuxedo is for the price they should have added an internal cel=
l or at least made it TC2 compatible out of the box, why they didn't is bey=
ond me.

Since you can monitor over WiFi with the Lynx why couldn't they added that =
feature to the WiFi of the Tuxedo?

The wider design made it impossible to install in places the older 6272 cou=
ld fit

Some of the menus looked like they had different groups designing them, for=
 example the Z-Wave buttons don't have captions but the cameras do.

A lot of little things like you can touch the weather display and get 5 day=
 forecast but why can't you touch the time display and get time settings?

The cameras don't work with it if they are connected using the WAP, they ar=
e supposedly redesigning the WAP

As you said way too expensive.