Re: tamper light on veritas R8 alarm

Hi
It depends on the age of your panel.The newer BS rated panels can be
programmed for engineers only reset on tamper or 24hr alarm.
The first thing to try is check to see if the lid tamper spring is still
there (they can be dislodged if the battery lead catches them) also if the
lid is not fitted tightly the spring does not compress enough to activate
the switch.
Try holding the spring in whilst resetting the panel.If it resets to day
mode ,before releasing the spring enter user code then press "Prog" all zone
lights will light ,press 06 .
You are now in walk test mode ,release tamper close door and panel should be
ok.
To exit walk test press "reset" twice.
HTH
CJ

"phil"  wrote in message

Can anyone help, a friend told me that fitting a new battery to my house
alarm would be easy, so i've just put a new battery in my alarm box and now
i've got a red tamper light on the keypad and its not accepting any code
that i use, the engineers phone number is not being recognised. can anyone
help or do i really need a engineer.