Re: SmartGridSec12 - First Open EIT ICT Labs Workshop on Smart Grid Security

On Friday, October 5, 2012 8:00:31 AM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
> First Open EIT ICT Labs Workshop on Smart Grid Security SmartGridSec12 Be=
rlin, December 3rd, 2012 Call for Contributions (Talks and Poster Presentat=
ions) >> Forward to colleagues who may be interested. << General Informatio=
n The First Open EIT ICT Labs Workshop on Smart Grid Security, an activity =
of the action line smart energy systems of the EIT ICT Labs, will be held a=
t the EIT ICT Co-Location Centre Node Berlin, alongside the 2012 Berlin IEE=
E Innovative Smart Grid Conference, on December 3rd, 2012. The Co-location =
Centre (CLC) is inside the campus of TU Berlin, in the heart of the city's =
west - a hotspot where education, research and industry, see http://eit.ict=
labs.eu/ictlabs/ nodes-co-location-centres/berlin/. SmartGridSec12 is also =
co-sponsored by the Network of Excellence on Engineering Secure Future Inte=
rnet SW, NESSoS, www.nessos-project.eu/ Context and Motivation The need for=
 a reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply is steadily increasin=
g. The Smart Grid is proposed as an innovative, flexible, adaptable system =
which revolutionizes the current interconnection architecture and creates n=
ew services and offering new management and business opportunities for many=
 stakeholders.=20

Here is a picture of things to come:

Integration of the worlds power grids presenting the opportunity for any gr=
eat or minicule government, tyrant or hacker to disrupt and/or hold ransom =
the world economy. It only took the hijacking of 3 airplanes to affect the =
world economy for the past 10 years and for how many more ....?  And that e=
vent wasn't even related to the supply of electrical energy. Just think wha=
t could happen with an integrated world power grid.

I do believe that there is still enough time left for me to survive happily=
 for the rest of my life, but probably not for our children. The human race=
 is killing itself. The politicians are running around trying to increase f=
ood, oil, energy production. Trying to reduce air and water polution, water=
 consumption, hunger.... while ignoring the basic reason for all of the pro=
blems.=20

Overpopulation.=20

Cutting down on the number of people who are born over the next 50 to 100 y=
ears would solve almost all of the other problems simultaneously. More food=
, more fish, less pollution, less oil/power consumption. But, because the p=
oliticians know that the stupidiy of the uneducated masses would vote them =
out of office, no one will mention it.

Therefore, as it turns out, the quote that "The meek will inherit the earth=
" turns out to be a threat. I think it's time to change the ending of the L=
ord's Prayer to:

World, with an end, Amen.