Re: help with napco gemini p816

On Friday, November 23, 2012 5:30:43 AM UTC-5, I love my Evo wrote:
> ok looking in the install manual E27 is printer failure... and e06 SYSTEM=
 TROUBLE/E06-NN SERVICE. Rf receiver response trouble. NN =3D receiver numb=
er

I only install the Gemini 1632 on up. I don't install the P816. However, I =
would think the programing is basically the same. BUT ..... with what you'v=
e explained so far, I don't think I would be able to sort out what you've d=
one to the programming without extensive posts. Someone local to you, who i=
s familiar with the programming and has the Napco downloader program would =
probably be able to do it in 5/10 minutes by uploading what's in your panel=
 now and scanning through it. Me ....trying to guess what you have in your =
program, in this forum would be just a hit or miss guess .... at best.=20

I don't know if the "reset code" you put in was the factory default reset (=
 it would appear not) but at this point, that would be my best suggestion. =
Set up another account in Napco downloader ( so you don't overwrite what yo=
u presently have) Reset the panel to factory default and start the programm=
ing from scratch in the newly setup account. Note that the panels that I am=
 familar with have 2 levels of default. I don't know what the P816 has.

The rest of what I have to say .... you're not going to like.=20
What you are experiencing now is just a hint at what problems DIY'ers don't=
 realize you can get yourself into. And I'm not talking about your inabilit=
y to trouble shoot your problem. Just by the experience that you are having=
 now, did it ever occur to you that by some chance, that you, mucking aroun=
d in your panel programming you could inadvertently program something that =
would cause your panel to not or incorrectly report an alarm signal? It's o=
nly the fact that the possibility of a home invasion or a fire is rather mi=
nimal that keeps more tragedies from happening with DIY installations. You =
have gone so far as to think that security in an important investment. Yet =
you don't think it's important enough to have it (at least) professionally =
programed. I can understand people wanting to do things themselves rather t=
han call someone in to do it (whether the motivater is money or the challan=
ge) I'm one of those people too. Yet, when it comes to certain things, I kn=
ow when it's time to call the professionl to do something where there's a c=
hance an accident or event could cause catastrophic results. If you're havi=
ng these kinds of problems with the programing, how do you know that you ha=
ven't made another mistake that's less obvious that would cause you to miss=
 a fire notification or an alarm signal that someone is harming your family=
?

There are some people in this industry who think that dealers who lock thei=
r customers out of the programing of their panels are taking advantage of a=
nd holding their customers hostage. I think that the problems you are havin=
g and the potential tragic results make you a perfect example why end users=
 should be locked out of the programing of their panels and why it should b=
e illegal for central stations to monitor DIY alarm installations. You, and=
 they may be willing to take the chance with your home and family  But, wit=
h over 43 years of experience in the industry ...... I'm not.=20
Just my (very strong) opinion.