Wasting Time by Speeding up

Got feeling rushed today, exacerbated by a crappy meter that made me
waste about an hour looking for an EOLR I didn't need to change.

Was swapping out Notifier field devices for Firelite.  The Notifier
panel fried and when <Insert name of national alarm company here> sent a
tech out they gave him a Firelite panel. He reported the
incompatibility.  So we subbed the contract to swap out all the field
devices - I'm sure there's a reason - I just don't care.

After wasting time on that EOLR I hurriedly swapped out some monitor
modules.  These were in locked rooms that the maint man had unlocked and
propped.

I finished one, made sure the room was locked and moved on.  At the next
location I realized that because my head was upside down I had inverted
the address on the last MMF-300 module.

I call the maint guy, he takes his sweet ass time (causing me to waste
even MORE time) but eventually unlocks the door again.

I never even made it to the module.  I had been so flustered by being
rushed and having made such a rookie goof up that I hadn't given the
actual address any thought until I was about to dial it in.

Yep

The "inverted" address was "66"...

The faster I go, the behinder I get...

I slowed down and the rest of the day went much more smoothly...